Sunday, May 10, 2015

Doodled Birthday Card


This is a card using the Close To My Heart stamp set Doodled Designs Flair - A1170. I had seen the card done by Lisa Plummer using this stamp set and she made the background on her card using this stamp. Her blog is:  flauntyourcreativity.blogspot.com.

To make my card I cut and scored a piece of orange card stock. Then cut a piece of SU Cool Caribbean card stock for the card front. Using the circle stamp from the CTMH stamp set Doodled Designs Flair I inked the stamp with all CTMH inks -- first orange and stamped a piece of white card stock cut to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" randomly. Cleaned the stamp and inked it with Heavenly Blue ink and again randomly stamped the white card stock. Then the Key Lime ink and followed that with Sunny Yellow, cleaning the stamp in between new ink colours.

Once the white piece was stamped I cut that to fit my card front.

Using orange ink I stamped "Happy" and "Birthday" from the Close To My Heart stamp set Happy to Be Friends Occasions C1605 onto scrap white/GP card stock. For the Happy I used the Spellbinders die set Ribbon Tag Trio #2 to cut it out in the Cuttlebug. For the Birthday I used the SU Bitty Banners die set and cut that out.

Using the ATG I put the stamped white/GP piece onto the Cool Caribbean card stock front piece. Using pop dots I put the Happy tag piece onto the front of the stamped white/GP piece. Using orange ribbon from the stash I put a ribbon at the ends of the tag and attached them to the back of the Cool Caribbean piece using double sided tape. Using the ATG I put this onto the orange card stock base. Added sequins to the card front.

Once I cut out the Birthday piece I put that on the card front using glue dots.

Simple card to put together and can be using for a male or female recipient. TFL and YOLO

No comments: