Sunday, May 3, 2015

Pleasant Poppies Card


Card stock base is orange, white is GP, and used distressed inks for the card front.

To begin with I cut and scored the orange card stock for the card stock base. Then cut a piece of white/GP for the card front. For the stamped piece I also used white/GP card stock. Using the Stampin Up stamp set Pleasant Poppies I inked that stamp with VersaMark. Stamped this onto the smaller of the white/GP card stock using the Mega Mount clear block. Used Zing white embossing powder and heat embossed the poppies.

Once that was embossed and cooled I used the following distressed inks:


Using the applicators for these inks first I used Dried Marigold and inked the whole stamped piece. Then I used Ripe Persimmon and again inked the whole stamped piece. The last layer of colour was Fired Brick ink. I inked the upper part of my piece heavier with the Fired Brick to show shading on the card from the bottom to the top. Using the trimmer I trimmed this piece to the size I wanted for the card front. Used the ATG to put this piece onto the white/GP piece and then onto the orange card stock base.

Put a piece of red sticky tape across the lower front of the card. The greeting "For You" is a stamp from the Close To My Heart stamp set Happy to Be Friends Occasions -- #C1605. Used orange ink for that and cut it out using the Stampin Up Bitty Banners.

Put this onto the card stock base at a slight angle. Used a M Stewart butterfly punch for the small butterflies and added a pearl to the center of those. They are on the card front using mini glue dots. TFL and YOLO

No comments: