Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Vellum Hello Card


Cut and scored the card stock base and that is  SU Bermuda Bay. Blue is from the stash and cut that to the size I wanted for the card front. White is GP and I cut that a bit larger than I would need for the card front.

Using the Memory Box Textured Mesh stencil I used distressed inks on the white/GP piece. Here are the inks I used:


Evergreen Bough, Peacock Feathers, and Tumbled Glass. Once the stencil design was on the white/GP piece I used SU Cool Caribbean and stamped a stamp from the SU stamp set Gorgeous Grunge. I inked the stamp, stamped it off onto scrap paper, and then stamped it onto the stenciled piece on the open areas. Then I set this aside to dry:


Using the Sizzix Tags #3 die I cut out a tag shape using SU Vellum card stock. Once cut I used a flower stamp from Great Impressions and I inked that with VersaMark. Stamped it onto the tag piece and using white embossing powder by Zing I heat embossed the tag piece. Once done I used a small circle punch and then a larger circle punch to make the solid ring at the tag top around the hole. Used a glue pen to put the ring on the vellum tag. Using markers I coloured the petals on the flowers and the center of the flower on the backside of the tag:


Tied a piece of ribbon on the tag using twine. Added three sequins on the tag piece using mini glue dots.

Using the ATG I put the blue card stock front onto the card stock base. Then added the stenciled piece for the card front. Using glue dots I put the vellum tag on the card front. For the "hello" I used a die set from Little B and cut that out of scrap card stock. Put that on the card front using a glue pen. TFL and YOLO

No comments: