Sunday, June 28, 2015

Happy 4th Card


Had seen this layout in an old Close To My Heart catalog and decided to use this layout for my 4th of July cards. Here are some of the cards as they were all made using various patriotic card stocks:




The white card stock base is Mikes 110# weight card stock. Blue is also Mikes as is the red. The patriotic card stocks are various manufacturers.

To begin with I cut and scored all the white card stock bases. Then using the circle dies from Spellbinders I cut out a circle from the patriotic card stocks. Using a small circle die I cut out a circle using white/GP card stock. Then I cut the red banner piece 1" wide and I used the new banner punch from Stampin up for the banner ends of this piece. 

For the star embossed blue card stock I cut my blue card stock pieces larger than what I would need for the card front. Using the Solid Stars embossing folder by Craft Concepts I embossed two pieces of the blue card stock at a time in the Cuttlebug. I always emboss two pieces of card stock at a time as it makes a softer embossed piece and this also prevents the card stock from tearing/ripping once it is embossed. Once I had the blue pieces embossed I set those aside. 

Using the Stampin Up stamp set from 1999 Happy Fourth I used a stamp from that set and using SU Real Red ink I stamped this onto a piece of white/GP card stock. Using a smaller circle die in the die set I cut out my greeting circles. For the blue scalloped piece I used a scallop punch. 

With all pieces done I then took the ATG and put the patriotic card stock circle on the card fronts. Then trimmed the embossed blue piece and put that onto the white card stock front. Put on the white/GP circle on the card front. Used the ATG and added the red banner piece. Then put the greeting piece onto the blue scalloped piece and put pop dots behind that and put it on the card front over the banner piece. Using a dollar punch from Mikes I punched out blue stars and put them on the card front using glue dots. For the red star on the greeting piece I used a small star punch by Marvy and punched out a red star from scraps. Added a red crystal to the center of that and put that onto the greeting piece also using a glue dot. Different layout than I have done before but it went together easily and brings plenty of the red. white, and blue together for this upcoming holiday.

Once I had all the card fronts done I cut the pieces of card stocks for the card 'insides". Used a stamp from Impression Obsession and my MISTI to stamp the insides. Using the MISTI for this was very fast and each piece came out perfectly stamped. BRILLIANT idea, the MISTI and am finding I go out of my way to use it -- :0)   TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

MaryH said...

A beautifully patriotic set of cards. Liked the way you've done the circle motif with the different patterns. Very effective layout, and pretty papers. Ours will go on the mantel to be enjoyed by anyone who comes in the house. We LOVED it! Thanks so much. Hugs