Saturday, June 27, 2015

Pearl Anniversary Card


Had seen the Faux Mother Of Pearl technique and card on the blog of Loll Thompson and had to try it myself. Here is her blog and she has a video for this technique there:  www.stampingwithloll.com. Loll has some beautiful cards and projects on her blog and was happy I found it. Here is my version of her card:


For my version of her card I used distressed inks -- both Worn Lipstick and Ripe Persimmon. I had taken a class awhile back with Daphne on using distressed inks so I learned all the basics and more from Daphne. In her class she introduced us to the 110# weight card stock sold at Mikes so my card stock base is that card stock from Mikes in white. I cut and scored my card stock so the fold of the card would be at the top. Then I cut a piece of that same white card stock for the white background piece on the card front.

For my inked piece I cut that card stock 3 1/4" x 4 1/4". For the Faux Mother Of Pearl technique I used Pearl Craft Paint from M Stewart and a piece of waded up Glad wrap. Poured a small dot of the paint onto the brown craft mat and dipped the wadded up Glad wrap into the paint and worked it into a circle on the craft mat. Then took that to the piece for the card front and dabbed it onto the card stock and then back to the paint on the craft mat and back to the card stock -- all over the card stock piece until I had the coverage I wanted. Set it aside to dry and cleaned off the craft mat using a baby
wipe. It does not take long for the paint to dry. Here is a photo to show the shimmer paint closer:


Once dried I used the lighter ink and put that on the painted card stock piece. Then I added the darker distressed ink to this piece and once I had that looking the way I wanted it to I set that aside. Using the Fresh Foilage die from Memory Box I cut out a die cut piece using the Cuttlebug. For the greeting "happy anniversary" I used the SU Hostess stamp set Express Yourself that I had picked up at a garage sale. Used the Ripe Persimmon and stamped the greeting onto white card stock. Used the trimmer to cut that the size I wanted and scissors to make the banner end. Here is a photo to show the inks and the paint acts as a resist for the inks so the paint keeps the shimmer look:


Using the ATG I put the inked faux pearl piece onto the white card front piece. Then using a glue pen I put the die cut piece onto that. Using pop dots I put these pieces onto the card stock base. Used the ATG to put the greeting on the card front at the lower left corner.

Very easy technique but the camera did not capture the shimmer of this card front from the shimmer paint. Thanks to Loll for this idea and for sharing the technique and her video with us. And another Thank You to Daphne for introducing me to the world of distress inks --- :0)     TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

MaryH said...

Great CAS on Loll's lovely card technique. Her blog is just phenomenal, as she always has something pretty to enjoy. So glad you found her blog. It's one of my favs. She's a really talented and so sweet person, and is so good about taking time to answer any questions you may have. TFS & Hugs