Saturday, June 13, 2015

Sympathy Card


Always sad to have to make a sympathy card but with this card I did not want to use black and white for my card. This is for a friend who lost her Mom and pink and gardening were favorites of theirs so I made sure to use both on my card.

Cut and scored the card stock base which is SU Crumb Cake and the white is GP. Measured the flowers stamp and then cut my white card stock for that. The flowers on this card were stamped using the Stampin Up Hostess stamp set Simply Soft. I recently bought it at a garage sale for $5.00. I used SU Crumb Cake ink to stamp my flowers. Then used  green and a pink colour pencils to colour the flowers. Cut a piece of the Crumb Cake card stock to go behind my flowers piece.

For the white stamped card stock background piece I cut my white/GP piece to the size I would need for the card front. Using my new MISTI  (you HAVE to buy one -- it is great -- :0)....) I placed my extra large stamp from Impression Obsession "Greenery". They sell these larger stamps and they are called "Cover-A-Card" stamps.

I inked the larger stamp and then stamped this off and then stamped my card front white/GP piece so it would be lighter. Put this piece on the card stock base using the ATG. Added a greeting from Paper Sweeties and I cut that out using the Stampin Up banner die set. Pink ribbon is from the stash. TFL and YOLO


No comments: