Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Butterfly Breeze Card


To begin with the card stock base is Stampin Up Cool Caribbean. Black is from Mikes. The stamped front piece is Mikes 110# weight white card stock.

To begin with cut and scored the Cool Caribbean card stock base. Cut the black piece to the size I needed for the card front. Had recently made a trip to Enchanted Cottage and picked up the Butterfly Breeze stamp from Open Studio/Memory Box.

For my white card front piece I cut it to the size I wanted for the card front. Then using the Tumbled Glass distress ink I started at the bottom and added this ink to this piece making it darker on the bottom and lighter near the top --- had taken a class with Daphne on distress inks -- thanks to her and all her tips/how to's! Remember when you are using the distress inks for a background it may not look great to you when you finish with the distress inks but remember you will be stamping on top of this piece.

Using my MISTI --  love it -- :0)  -- I inked the Butterfly Breeze stamp using Memento black ink and stamped on my distressed piece. Put this on the card front using the ATG. For the greeting I used scrap card stock and stamped "just because" from the Taylored Expressions stamp set Sending Smiles. This piece is smaller than the SU Banner Triple punch I use for banners. So once I had the greeting stamped I used a ruler and put a pencil dot on my stamped piece to mark the center of it. Then I turned my banner punch over and lined up my pencil dot to the center of the banner punch and punched that to give me the banner ends. Trimmed the left side of this piece and put it on the card front using the ATG.

Wanted to add dimension to the card front so I used the multi butterfly punch by M Stewart and punched out three small butterflies using black scrap card stock. Put the butterflies on the card front and the greeting banner piece using TomBow glue:


Once the glue dried I pinched the wings of the butterflies to give them dimension.

Using one distress ink colour on the card front works just as well as if I had three inks to blend together for 'shading'. Just apply more or less ink from the bottom to the top of the piece just as you would if you had use multi inks. VERY simple card but it looks like it took a long time to make.

I did not know Memory Box had Open Studio stamps and will have to check that out. This stamp has many details but stamped nicely and the black ink cleaned right off of it. TFL and YOLO

No comments: