Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Halloween Thriller Card


Card stock base is Mikes 110# weight black card stock. Added spider print (Hobby Lobby?) paper and a chevron printed card stock. Orange piece is from the scraps.

Went to the SSAT stamp show at the Fairgrounds over the weekend and the stamp set for this card is from the Thriller stamp set from Close To My Heart. A demonstrator had a booth there and she was selling CTMH stamp sets -- new and used -- and I came across this Thriller stamp set.

To begin with -- cut and scored the black card stock base. Cut the spider print to the size I wanted for the card front. Put that on the card base using the ATG. Then cut a piece of the chevron print to the size I wanted for the card front. Also put that on the card front using the ATG.

For my stamped image I used Vivid black ink and stamped him onto white/GP. Using the Sizzix Tags Rounded dies I cut the stamped piece out in the Cuttlebug -- once cut I left the stamped piece in the die and sponged a light gray ink on the stamped piece outside the stamped image. Once that was sponged I removed the die.

I had seen a video about applying glitter to card stock projects on YouTube by Sue Ralph -- she has a lot of good videos about tips and techniques. Here is the channel I made as she suggested to apply the glitter to my stamped piece edges--including the curves on my die cut piece:


Sue suggest using TomBow glue and applying it to the edges of your piece using a sponge and that is what I did. The channel keeps all the glitter together and works very well if you are doing corners or curves:


I used black glitter from M Stewart for my edges. Using a light gray card stock I cut another curved piece using a larger die from that die set. Put my stamped piece onto the gray piece and used the ATG to put these on my card front. Thanks to Sue for sharing  her ideas and tips on adding glitter to a card front without the glittery mess.

"Happy Halloween" was stamped onto scrap orange card stock and I added two black crystals to the ends of that. Put it on the card front at an angle using pop dots. TFL and YOLO

No comments: