Monday, July 27, 2015

Love the mail man . . .



New order came in today's mail that I had ordered from Dies R Us -- top photo is the new release from Poppystamps -- AKA Memory Box. Then the lower photo shows two more dies I ordered from CheeryLynn Designs. With this order I qualified for a free die from Dies R Us (their choice) and here it is:


"Good Stuff" with an arrow --- that will be good on a tag for a treat bag for Halloween or the upcoming holidays. Cute die. 

Am happy now that I have the metal shim plate from CheeryLynn Designs for my new detailed oval die I just ordered. Problem was since the edges of the metal shim plate are sharp how would I store it? I have a clear plastic (refrigerator) bin from Bed, Bath, and Beyond that I bought with a coupon and a gift card -- keep all my Cuttlebug plates in there with any paper shims I have used. But did not want to just reach into the bin and meet up with the metal edges on the metal shim.

Off to Walmart and in the office supply aisle I found this small clipboard for 97 cents:


I used a 3M Command hook to hang this clipboard with the metal shim on it, next to the die cut table with the Cuttlebug and Big Shot. I had some of the 3M hooks on hand as I used those to hang my stencils on the insides of my cabinet doors. This way the shim is out of the bin and right next to the machine I would use it with. (Sorry about the blurry photo). 

Now all I need to do is get past our stamping supply sale on Saturday and I will have free time again. Until then -- TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

MaryH said...

Like this idea! Very clever. Glad you had a terrific sale. Was this at your home, or a big garage sale? TFS