Friday, July 17, 2015

Pros and Cons of it all . . .


More and more stamp companies are switching to cling stamps from wood mounted . . .   great for storage ... but still..... you can't see . . .

Now more and more stamp companies are switching from the wood mounted or cling stamps to clear stamps.... Pros are many --- you can see where you are stamping, you can see if it is straight, you can see. . .

Cons??? Ink....

Is it true or is it not? I saw it once but I forgot . . .

Had seen this tip "out there" somewhere but do not know who this tip originated with but it is a GREAT tip and before I forget to share it again --- here it is ---

This first photo is a stamp set from Inky Antics "Halloween Hilda". I am showing this tip using this stamp set as the set has not been used yet and I wanted to show a brand new stamp:


For my samples I will be using the stamp "I'm Batty for you":


For this photo above I show this clear stamp on my Close To My Heart clear block. Since this is the first time I will ink this stamp I will ink it with a light beige ink and stamp it onto scrap white card stock:


As you can see this is light ink. Now the stamp after I cleaned it with my stamp cleaner (1/2 Simple Green to 1/2 water in a spray bottle):


As with all clear stamps there is staining on the stamp but this does not effect the image or future use of this stamp. Now I put Memento BLACK ink on the stamp and stamped that onto the white card stock:


Now a photo of this stamp after I cleaned it after using the black Memento ink:


What a GREAT tip!!! No more dark staining of my clear stamps if I use rich inks like blacks, browns, and esp REDS. LOVE this tip and from now on any new clear stamps I use will first be inked with the lighter ink, then stamped onto scrap card stock, then cleaned and inked with the ink I am using for my project for stamping.

Thanks to the stamper that shared this --- and happy me that I came across this tip!  TFL

No comments: