Thursday, July 9, 2015

Road trip . . .


DH just had a birthday and yesterday was the day we celebrated. He wanted to go to Red Lobster for dinner in Greensboro and so we planned the day --- but here is the card I made him and then the card with a treat bag of snacks he likes:



Card stock base is Mikes #110 weight black card stock. Red is from Mikes and the gray is SU. Used a diamond plate embossing folder for the gray piece. The checkered washi tape I picked up at the dollar store as well as the printed treat bag. The stars on the card were cut out in the Cuttlebug using the star die set by Little B. This is a perfect die set as it has dies for plain stars as well as dies for the stitched edged stars so an economical die set to have for two looks.

For his day yesterday DH wanted to drive to a place he has been before for car parts he was looking for and that was a good plan as not far from there was the Enchanted Cottage in Lewisville, NC, This is a store that is stamps/scrapbooking supplies and such. I rarely get to go there since it is so far from our house but since we were going to be so close anyways. . .

After he picked up his car parts, and other finds, off the the Enchanted Cottage we went and I picked up a few things as well:


This store is loaded with all the dies available it seems so it is hard to narrow it down to what a crafter has to have... but my pile was bigger so it had to be narrowed down. The plus about that store is there are card samples EVERYWHERE with tables of samples from recent classes with the products used for those classes right on the same table -- that is nice if you missed a class but like the cards/projects. This way you have everything you would need right in front of you. They have card samples they have made, customers have made, and the boards from the stamp companies like Great Impressions and Northwood Rubber Stamps. Lots of inspiration in those cards and fun to see them.

Then we headed back towards Greensboro and I bought these two items at another store I had never been to before:


The butterfly stencil was on sale for $2 and then I picked up a new distress ink colour ink pad. Off to Mikes in Greensboro and they were having a ribbon sale --- I know... I know.... like I need more ribbon NOT but I do --- I realized I needed more black and I also picked up orange for Halloween and of course red for the holiday season:


These ribbons at Mikes have 10 yards on each one and usually sell for $2.99 ea. Which would mean these ribbons would be approx $18 if I bought them at regular price. But their sale was $2.99 ea with
"three for the price of one" so it was approx $6 for these. 10 yards per spool will cover a lot of projects so this was a good deal.

After Mikes, and our other fav shopping places, off we went to Red Lobster for an early dinner and then headed home. Good day for DH and his car parts as well as for me and my CARD parts... :0) TFL and YOLO

No comments: