Monday, August 17, 2015

Halloween Window Card


Card stock base is black #110 weight card stock from Mikes. Cut and scored that and set it aside. The card front is white/GP and I used the brick wall embossing folder by Sizzix/Tim Holtz. As I usually do I embossed two pieces of the white/GP card stock in the folder in the Cuttlebug. By using two pieces of card stock the embossed pieces have a softer look and they do not have rips/tears from the embossing folder embossing too deeply. For my card front embossed piece I used the Hickory Smoke distress ink and sponged over the embossed brick pattern. Trimmed this piece to the size I would need for my card front. Here is a photo to show this better:


For the window piece I used the Sizzix Conservatory Window die that I bought used from a stamper's sale. I cut out the window using white/GP card stock. Once that was cut out I laid the window piece on black card stock and traced around it with a pencil. Then used scissors to cut out the black arched window shape. Using the Hickory Smoke distress ink and lightly I went over the stark white window piece to soften the bright white. Using a glue pen on the back of the white window I attached it to the black window piece.

For the "trick or treat" once again my camera is showing the purple as blue but I used scrap purple, green, orange, and black card stocks to cut out the banners/flags. This is a die from Poppy Stamps which is part of Memory Box.  Using a glue pen I put each lettered banner/flag onto a black banner/flag. Then I used black and white twine and spelled out "trick or treat". Used a glue pen to attach the banner/flags to the twine. Put the banner/flag pieces on the window piece using glue dots and attached the twine pieces to the back of the window piece using Scotch tape.

For the two ghosts I used an old Sizzix Ghosts die (the die is yellow) and I cut out two of the ghosts using scrap white card stock. Again used the Hickory Smoke distress inks to sponge the edges of my ghosts. Here is a better photo of one of the ghosts:


I positioned both ghosts so they are over the edge of the card front. The two bugs are punched out of black foil card stock using a dollar punch from Mikes.

Using the ATG I attached the embossed brick card front to the black card stock base. Using glue dots I put the two ghosts on the card front. Then using pop dots I put the window/banner piece on the card front. Put the two bugs on the card front using micro mini glue dots (from Hobby Lobby).

The Poppy dies are nice --- and a cute size for a Halloween card or project --- they will fit nicely on a tag for a Boo Day treat bag as well. TFL and YOLO

No comments: