Sunday, August 30, 2015

Moving Bats Card


Had seen the card made up by Vicki W on www.wizardshangout.blogspot.com that used the clear transfer sheets to hold the bats on the card front and this is my version of her card. To begin with my black card stock base is Mikes #110 weight black card stock. Cut and scored that and set it aside.

Then cut a Halloween printed card stock to the size I wanted for the card front. Cut a 1/2" wide strip of the stars card stock for the right side of my printed piece. Using an EK Success punch I punched a decorative strip from black card stock. Put the punched piece on the edge of the Halloween printed card stock using the ATG. On top of that I put the star print 1/2" strip again using the ATG.

Using ribbon from the stash I put the black ribbon across the lower part of the printed front pieces and used a black brad to keep those together.  For the "October 31" I used the Close To My Heart stamp set Halloween Greetings Holiday stamp set. Cut that out using a circle die. Then used a 2" circle punch for the orange piece under that. Used the Spellbinders Ironwork Motifs die set for the black piece behind the dated circle -- this die set was on clearance at Mikes for $2.99 so good deal there. Put the stamped circles and die cut piece together using the ATG. Added black crystals to the circle piece from the stash.

Using the ATG I put the Halloween printed card stock on the front of the black card stock base. Then I used my Fiskars trimmer to trim thin strips of the clear transfer sheets for the bats. Using the M Stewart bat punch I punched out my bats and used a white gel pen for the bat eyes. Using red sticky tape I put the clear strip onto the back of the bats. Trimmed the strips to the size I wanted and put them on the back of the "October 31" die cut piece using the red sticky strip tape. Using pop dots I put this piece on my card front. The clear strips give the illusion of movement for the bats on the card front:


Thanks to Vicki for sharing her card and idea for the bats. TFL and YOLO

No comments: