Sunday, August 30, 2015

Spooky Ghosts Halloween Card


Card stock base is #110 weight black card stock from Mikes. Cut and scored that and then cut off part of the card front. Using gray card stock I trimmed a piece for the inside of the card. Used the MISTI and stamped the "Happy Halloween" using the Wicked stamp set from Gina K Designs. Using black ink I sponged the edges of the gray piece. Put that on the inside card piece using the ATG.

For the lower front of the card I trimmed a piece of printed card stock and put that onto the lower half of the card front using the ATG. For the "spooky" I used the alpha/number die from MFTstamps.com:


First I cut out "spooky" from black card stock and then used various colours for the letters. Using different background stamps I stamped them onto the letters using black ink. Used a glue pen and put my stamped coloured letters onto the black letters. This makes the letters look more finished as you can see some of the letter backs and edges when you open the card.

Using this old metal die from Provo Craft I cut out my ghosts from white scrap card stock:


Used a 1/4" circle punch and black card stock I punched out three black circles for the eyes on my ghosts:


Used a glue pen to put the black circles onto the back of my ghosts. The one ghost above the word "spooky" is put on the inside card piece using a glue dot. The ghost to the upper left of the "Happy Halloween" greeting was put on the inside piece using a pop dot.

Put the "spooky" letters on the lower card front piece using red sticky tape. Again using the clear transfer sheet I cut a strip to put my ghost on and tucked that behind the "y" and then put the "y" on the card. When the card is opened up this is what that ghost looks like:


On this last ghost on the clear strip I have a ghost on top of the strip and then a second ghost behind the first one to cover up the back of the strip:


That is my only double ghost as you can see the front and the back of him with the card opened. Easy card to put together once all the letters were cut out and stamped. TFL and YOLO.

No comments: