Sunday, August 30, 2015

Willow Halloween Card


To begin with the black card stock base is #110 weight Mikes card stock. Cut and scored that to the size I needed and set that aside. This card measures 5" x 4 1/4" as I wanted the tree top and side to be over the edge of my card. Using gray card stock for the card front I punched out a medium circle from white scrap card stock. Holding that in place I sponged all over the gray piece using black ink. Removed the white circle and then sponged the edges of this gray piece. Using a purple Halloween print I cut a strip to go on the left side of the sponged gray piece. Put that onto the gray piece using the ATG.

For the fencing I used a Halloween die from MFTstamps.com and white card stock. Once cut out I sponged it using black ink. Put the fencing onto the gray card front piece using a glue pen. Cut out a small pumpkin using a holiday die set from Taylored Expressions. Sponged the edges of the pumpkin and put that on the card front piece in front of the fence using glue dots. Using the ATG I put the gray piece onto the black card stock base.

For the tree I used #110 weight black card stock from Mikes and used the Memory Box Grand Willow Tree die and cut out a tree. Then using a very old (one of the original metal dies??) from Provo Craft for my white ghosts:


Once the ghosts were cut out of scrap white card stock I needed to add a black piece for their eyes so I used a 1/4" circle punch and put it behind my ghosts using a glue pen:


Using red sticky tape I put my two ghosts in the tree piece -- trimming off some of the white ghosts so they would not show behind the tree. Once those were in the tree I put pop dots behind the tree and then put this onto the card front so that the tree edge would hang off the top and side of the card:


Easy card to put together and the heavier black card stock makes the thin pieces of the tree branches sturdier. The bat was cut out using black foil card stock from Hobby Lobby and I used a holiday die from Taylored Expressions. TFL and YOLO

No comments: