Sunday, October 25, 2015

Fright Night Card


Card stock base is black card stock from Stampin Up. Plaid card stock is Authentique. For the tag I used 110# cream card stock from Mikes. Star printed card stock is from the stash. Spider web was cut out of black Pearls card stock from Joanns.

To cut my tag and tie on piece I used the Sizzix/Tim Holtz Tag and Tie die. Cut out the cream tag and for the tag tie on piece I used scrap orange card stock. Used a star print card stock from the stash and cut a 1" x 4 3/4" strip for the right side of the tag. Using a small star punch from the dollar bin at the craft store I punched out 5 stars from scrap orange card stock. Once all these pieces were cut out I used the ATG and put the stars print on the right side of the tag. Then used scissors to trim off the top of the stars print where the tag is shaped. Used black ink and stamped "October 31" on the lower left corner of the tag front. This is a stamp from the Close To My Heart stamp set Halloween Greetings Holiday. Using black ink I sponged the edges of the tag all around. Set that aside. For the tag tie on piece I stamped a stamp from the Paper Trey Ink stamp set Halloween tags "Happy Fright Night".  I wanted the orange tag tie and 5 stars to not be so bright and orange so I sponged those also with the black ink. Set them all aside.

For the spider web I used the Memory Box Spider Web Border die and cut out a piece using the black Pearls card stock from Joanns. Once that was cut out I laid it onto the tag front and decided the placement and then used scissors to cut off the excess. Using a glue pen I dabbed glue on the back of the web and put this onto the tag at a slight angle. Then used a small bug punch from the dollar bin at the store and punched out three bugs from black flocked card stock from Hobby Lobby.

To assemble all of this -- first the star print goes onto the tag and trim that. Sponge the edges of the tag. Using a glue pen put the spider web onto the tag front. At the top of the tag I put the stamped tag tie on using a large glue dot. For the top of the tag I used black tulle and tied an orange ribbon around that. Using scissors I trimmed the ends.

For the card stock base--cut and score the black card stock. Using a piece of the plaid card stock (cut to 3" x 5 1/4" and sponged black on all edges), I put this on the left front of the card stock base using the ATG. Laid the tag piece at an angle across the plaid card stock and put the tag onto the card front using large glue dots. For the five stars I put two at the right top of the card and one star below the tag. Then put a star by the 31st and again at the top of the tag by the stamped tag tie on piece.

Using the micro glue dots (sold at Hobby Lobby) I put two bugs on the spider web piece and another bug is on the tag tie on piece at the top of the tag. Here is a photo to show the shimmer of the spider web using the pearls card stock and the texture of the flocked card stock for the bugs:


The plaid card stock from Authentique is from a 6" x 6" pad of holiday card stock so you can use one sheet for two card fronts. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

MaryH said...

A delightfully Spooky card, and much prettier IRL too! I love that MB spider border, and it looks great in the black pearl c/s. Wonderful plaid dp as well, and the great details of the tiny star punches & spiders just added more 'spook' to the entire layout. I love the date stamp too, and the sooty edges certainly enhanced the tag so nicely to shade the colors. Thanks so much for thinking of us with this terrific card. Hugs