Saturday, October 10, 2015

Pilgrim Thanksgiving Card


Having been a stamper for these many years I can say by now I have my favorite companies for designs or products or whatever. Northwoods Rubber Stamps has to be at the top of my list for designs and detail. This company is similar to PSX stamps in that each stamp has a lot of detail and this gives your stamped projects a nice finish.

I went to the stamp show that had come to Raleigh in July and one of the booths was selling Northwoods Rubber Stamps. If you are familiar with Northwoods they do "project" boards featuring new stamps or themes of stamps -- holidays, all flowers, all animals, etc.. All their boards are loaded with great ideas be it colours, images, or finishes. At this booth I had seen the project board featuring this stamp but they had just sold the last stamp for this card I made. The gal let me take a pix of the board with my phone so I could search the internet for this stamp and so I could make my card. Here is the stamp I was able to locate --


Cutest idea for a Thanksgiving stamp -- using the Stitched Rectangle Stax die set from Myfavoritethings.com I cut out my front pieces for my stamped image for my card front. Here is my card:


Stampin Up Pumpkin Pie card stock for the card base, black is from Mikes, green is SU, and the stamped white piece is by GP. Used these coloured pencils from the back to school supply aisle at Walmart to colour my pilgrim pumpkins:


I know from seeing all the Northwoods project boards over the years that the glitters they use have an extra shimmer to them --- checked around and found out they get their glitters from the Art Institute and this place sells special glitter sets just for Northwoods stamps. Here is a photo of their name and address:


I stamped my image using brown ink then coloured it in. Cut it out using the Cuttlebug and the Stitched Rectangle Stax die. Once that was cut out I used a glue pen to add glitter to the buckle on the boy hat and the brim of the girls hat. Here is a photo to show that but the camera did not capture the sparkle well of this glitter:


Although I am not buying wood mounted stamps anymore I love the designs Northwoods Rubber Stamps offer so they are the only wood mounted stamps I do buy. Cute card for Thanksgiving and it was easy to put together. TFL and YOLO

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really like this card. Wish I could pencil color as nicely as you. Thanks for the heads up on the pencils you used. Wish I had known about the event you attended in July. Daughter and I were in NC in July for 8 days visiting in Fayetteville and New Bern. It would have been fun shopping. Hugs and smiles, Reva

Candee said...

Thanks Reva for your visit -- would have loved to meet you in Fayetteville as it is only 45 mins from where we live! Hoping you did enjoy your visit with your daughter. Next time pls let me know and we can meet up!! Candee P

Anonymous said...

Candee that would have been great to have met you. I will remember to contact you the next time we are in NC. Have learned so much from your emails/website. Again thank you, Hugs and smiles, Reva