Sunday, October 18, 2015

Scarecrow Card


Had seen the "Reclaimed Wood Skinny Scarecrow"card by Monika Davis on her blog: www.monikastamp.wordpress.com so I made one for myself. Cute idea and thanks to Monika for sharing her scarecrow. Here is my version:


As Monika explains on her blog this is a tall/skinny card as it is 3" wide. The hat brim is 4 1/4" so since that is the width of a standard card this card will fit into the envelope with no problems.

To begin with I used SU Soft Suede card stock for my card stock base. Cut my base card stock 3" wide x 11" and scored that in the center. This way your scored line is at the top of your card--the top of the hat for the scarecrow. I used a piece of SU Soft Suede and SU Crumb Cake and stamped them using SU Soft Suede ink and my MISTI and the SU background stamp "Woodgrain". Once these pieces were stamped I cut my strips 2 3/4" x 3/4" as suggested. Using my ATG I put these strips onto the card base:


When you put these strips on the card front be sure your strips are even with the bottom edge of the card. I put one strip on one edge and then another strip on the other edge -- then used the darker strips and put those on as well -- again the strip edges are even with the fold at the top of the card:


Once all four of my edge pieces were on the card front then I put on the middle strips with a little space between them:


First completed the bottom of the card (the scarecrow face) and then completed the top of the card (the scarecrow hat). Don't be concerned if where your light and dark strips meet if they are not perfectly even as the hat brim piece will cover all that.

For my brim I used a piece of Soft Suede card stock and cut that 4 3/4" x 3/4". Put that on a piece of printed card stock 4 3/4" x 1" using the ATG. On the back of this piece I added red sticky tape (only as wide as the card base -- 3" -- then I added brown paper shred from the dollar store for his straw hair. Put a piece of double sided tape across the front of the card base where I wanted the brim of the hat to be. Using three flower punches, and scrap card stocks, I punched out three flowers and put them on the hat brim piece using a brad. I put this onto the card front and pressed it down so the double tape will adhere the brim to the scarecrow. For his eyes I used a 1/2" circle punch and punched out two black circles. I used a 1/4" circle punch and punched out two white circles. Put the eye pieces together using glue dots. Also using glue dots I put the eyes on the face.

For the nose --- candy corn is white at the top, orange in the center, and yellow on the bottom. The orange is bigger than the white and yellow so this is how I made my candy corn nose:. Using a piece of scrap white card stock I put a strip of yellow card stock 3/8" x 4" on the white card stock using the ATG. Then I cut a piece of orange card stock 1/2" x 4". Used the ATG for adhesive and butted the edge of the orange card stock up against the yellow card stock. For the white nose top I used a strip of white card stock 3/8" x 4" and again used the ATG for adhesive and butted this edge up against the orange piece. Using the SU Christmas Tree punch I punched out the nose -- from the bottom of this scarecrow nose to the very top measures 1 1/8". Used a black marker for the edges of the candy cane nose as suggested. Put the nose on the face using pop dots for dimension:


For the mouth I used a fine marker and drew that on. Easy card to do and after you stamp your pieces and then cutting them you will have more pieces so you can make more than one card from your stamped pieces. Cute little card and thanks to Monika for sharing her idea. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Candee for introducing me to Monika Stamps she has neat Halloween ideas. I found her blog, Pinterest page etc. Hugs and smiles, Reva