Saturday, November 14, 2015

Blessings Pumpkin Card


Card stock base is Very Vanilla from Stampin Up. The faux linen printed card stock is from Hobby Lobby. The pumpkin dies for the pumpkin are from the Shape Up Series pumpkins from Paper Trey Ink. Solid brown card stock is from the stash.

To begin with I cut out the pumpkin shaped card base using the solid pumpkin die from Very Vanilla card stock. Cut this out using the Cuttlebug. Then using a single layer Very Vanilla card stock I cut out the sectioned pumpkin die. The printed card stock from Hobby Lobby is thinner than the solid card stock so I cut a piece of the printed card stock a bit larger than my die. Using white/GP card stock I cut a piece of that to match my printed card stock. Using the ATG I put adhesive on the white/GP piece and then put the printed card stock on that pressing them together so they would adhere as one piece. Once that was done I used the section pumpkin die and cut out my printed pumpkin pieces. (Using the sectioned pumpkin die I cut out the printed pieces and the cream pieces so once I "built" the card front I had enough pieces left to make a second card).

Once all my pumpkin pieces were cut out I laid them out so I had enough pieces for my pumpkin card front and I had the lay out in the order I needed. Using a light brown ink I sponged the edges of all the pumpkin pieces. Also sponged the edges of my pumpkin stem.

Once everything was sponged I put adhesive on the card base front and then put my pumpkin pieces on that. Using a scrolls die I cut out my scrolls from solid brown card stock. Using a glue pen I put the scroll pieces and stem on my pumpkin.

For the leaves I used a maple leaf punch and punched out a cream and a printed leaf. Sponged the edges of those and ran them through my crimper. Sponged the edges and put them by the stem using glue dots. Added a ribbon bow with a crystal by the leaves/stem:


For "Blessings" I used a word die from Die-Versions and cut that out using solid brown card stock. Put that across the front of the pumpkin using a glue pen:


Easy card to put together once all the pieces are cut and sponged. TFL and YOLO

No comments: