Sunday, November 1, 2015

Packing Tape


Well, I needed packing tape anyways due to learning a new technique at a card making class I took yesterday. . . so off to Walmart for me --- as I walked towards the office supply section where the packing tape was I passed an aisle with left over Halloween costumes, party supplies, etc. All marked 50% off --- so here is what I bought:


Picked up another chip board stickers pack like the ones I used on these projects:


Then picked up Jolee packages of treat holders -- decorated coffins and pillow boxes. Good deals for half price for next Halloween. Was able to pick up my roll of Scotch packing tape which is what we used for the Packing Tape Technique class I took. Good trip to the big W for me. . . Then off to the dollar store and we can all use Elf Help at Christmas time and here is what I found there:


Holiday washi tapes -- they have many patterns to choose from but I picked up a roll of the holly print and the snowflake print. Washi tapes are good for cards, tags, and the bottom flap of Matchbook holders and are quick and easy to add to any projects....

Last stop on the trip was to Walgreens.... Lucky me.... walking past the Halloween candy aisle I see a clerk doing a tear down of all the Halloween items and she is now putting up Christmas items. Being a good card maker I stop and see she is pulling off the printed paper behind the clear strips on the shelf fronts and she is making a pile of these printed strips:


She had a pile of these strips and so I stopped and asked her if she was keeping them? She told me they would be tossed in the garbage as they do not use them for next year. Being a creative card maker, and always loving something free, I asked her if I could have them and she told me yes. These strips will be put to good use next Halloween for cards or treat tags and the like. The strips are printed on a good weight paper so they are not flimsy nor too thick.

Good shopping day and lots of items for future projects --- TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Candee--Great learning day in Tarboro and you hit the jackpot finding the Halloween sales and freebies. Hugs and smiles, Reva