Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thanksgiving Treat Bags


Took a few of these bags to work today for the gals for the Thanksgiving holiday -- the bags are plain brown paper bags with handles from the dollar store. Too plain for me so using lots of scraps of printed card stock and a Sizzix Pumpkin die set I made pumpkins for the fronts of my bags. Here is a card I had made this season using patchwork pumpkins:


Decided to make larger patchwork pumpkins for the bag fronts for my Thanksgiving Treat Bags and here is one of them:


All the bags have a patchwork pumpkin on the bag front and being patchwork they are each a little different. I also cut a strip of the printed card stock for the front bottom of the bag and after I had cut that piece out I sponged the edges and then put it on the bag front using the ATG. Used the ATG for the patchwork pumpkin as well. The "Thanksgiving Blessings" is a stamp from HobbyLobby and their brand PaperStudios. Used the Stampin Up banner punch to cut out the banner end.

For the acorn on the greeting label -- I cut that out using scissors and put it on the greeting label using glue dots. Two large glue dots hold the greeting label on the bag front. Added a sparkly ribbon bow by the stem of the pumpkin and the bag front was done.

To fill the bag first I put in some brown paper shred from the dollar store and then these three items:


Bought the jars with lids at the dollar store and ran them through the dishwasher. Then made the turkey using the owl punch from Stampin Up. Tied string around the jar top and tied on the turkey and tag he is attached to. To fill the jar I made a batch of Bellybuttons and filled the jars.

This second photo shows the other two items in the bags:


The Pilgrim Fry Box and using the Lifestyle Crafts Pilgrim Hat die I made the pilgrim hat treat holder. Packing the bag was easy -- the jar went in on the left side of the bag and then the Pilgrim Fry Box on the right and on top of the jar I put the Pilgrim Hat treat holders.

All the gals liked their treats and loved the Pilgrim themed holders. Easy holders to put together and to fill with chocolates... TFL and YOLO

No comments: