Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Pilgrims have landed . . .


Who knew Pilgrims and a fry box would make a lovely couple??? Here is my version of a Thanksgiving treat holder that I had seen done by Tami White on  stampwithtami.com. She had made a Pilgrim greeting card and then this matching treat holder:


This treat holder is made using the Sizzix/Stampin Up Fry Box die. I watched Tami's video with all the 'how to's' of this project and then made my own. I do not have the die set she used for her scalloped collar but I used a die set I had on hand. This is how I made this treat holder --

Supplies:

Sizzix/Stampin Up Fry Box die
Spellbinders Large Scalloped Rectangle dies
Scrap foil gold card stock
Brown ribbon
Stampin Up Soft Suede card stock
Close To My Heart Cream card stock
Black card stock
Big Shot or Cuttlebug machines
Pretzel bags from the candy aisle of craft store
Candies

1.  Cut out a fry box using the Stampin Up Soft Suede card stock.**
2.  Cut out a fry box using Close To My Heart Cream card stock.
3.  Creased the scored lines on the Soft Suede box. Sponged front edges only with Soft Suede ink.
4.  Using the rectangle scalloped die I cut out my cream card stock.
5.  Using the ATG I put the front collar and back collar on my fry box piece while it was flat.
6.  Using red sticky tape I put the fry box together.
7.  Cut my black belt piece and put that on the lower front of the treat holder using the ATG.
8.  Cut out my gold foil belt buckle and put a piece of black card stock on that using glue dots.

** Due to the scored lines the fry box die makes for your treat holder you do not want to cut out more than one piece of card stock at a time. The scored lines are not that deep and cutting multiples will not give you a good scored impression for the sides/bottom of your holder.

These are easy to put together. First I cut out all my Soft Suede pieces, then the cream, then my belt and gold buckle pieces. Here is a photo to show the buckle:


The photo does not capture the shine on the gold foil buckle but IRL it is noticeable. On my holder I decided to put a piece of black card stock from Mike's just for the front of my holder. It does not go all the way around the holder as the fry box is curved and it would not end up even across the back so I just put it on the front of my fry box holder.

Thanks to Tami White for this cute idea -- perfect for a treat holder/favor or maybe a place marker at the holiday table--using a small clothespin to hold a guests' name--very easy to put together and a cute idea for a Thanksgiving favor!  TFL and YOLO  ***

*** Splitcoaststampers.com  emailed me to let me know this Pilgrim Fry Box was chosen as a Favorites of the Week. I emailed Tami White to let her know and to thank her for sharing her idea for this Thanksgiving treat holder.

No comments: