Friday, December 18, 2015

Christmas Elf Season Treats


Put together some holiday treat bags for the gals at work and here are some of the items I made for each of their treat bags:


This first photo is a picture of the bags I made up for the Candy Cane Seeds --- just circle peppermint candies. Used a dollar bin candy cane stamp for the front with a bow punch for my green bow. Added a red crystal to the center of the bow. These peppermint candies are inside a bag from the candy making aisle at AC Moore.

This next photo is another popular holiday treat holder -- the snowman:


To begin with these are the Hershey chocolate nugget candies. I used white/GP card stock to wrap each candy -- then a small circle punch and scrap black card stock for the buttons. For the snowman face -- I own both her small and large snowman face stamps -- on this treat holder I used the small snowman face. These are stamps from   www.morningstarstamps.com.  Her stamps are reasonably priced and stamp very well. I can not even think of the many times and projects I have used both sizes of her snowman face stamps -- from these treat holders to tags to the center of die cut snowflakes and more. GREAT stamps to add to your "go to" stamp collection. The hats for my snowmen are the finger parts of the gloves found at the dollar store -- I have seen them in the bath section as well as the make up sections of the store. Just used scissors and cut off the finger part of the glove--added it to my stamped snowman face nugget using a glue dot. Add a mini white pom pom to the hat top using a glue dot. These nuggets are in a pretzel bag from the candy making aisle at AC Moore.

Another holiday nugget holder:


Red card stock from Mikes, black card stock is scraps, silver glittered card stock for the belt buckle. Using black card stock I made a tray for the nuggets to be on and tied the pretzel bag they are in with silver twine and added small bells for the season.

The last nugget holder I made used card stocks from Hobby Lobby:


This nugget holder has both the solid chocolate nuggets as well as the nuggets with almonds in it. Used a small holly stamp from the stash and made a decorative tag for the top of the holder. Used gold twine to tie this closed.

Also have other small holders in their treat bags of dark chocolate, peppermint bark, etc treat bags. Hoping they enjoy them today when I give them to them. TFL and YOLO

No comments: