Sunday, December 13, 2015

Christmas Sparkle Card


This post is for a card that was hard to photograph due to the foil card stock I used but hoping the photos I took will show the sparkle and shine this card has in person --- the camera certainly did not capture that:


The card stock base is white #110 weight card stock from Mikes. I used silver foil card stock from Hobby Lobby for the front of the card. The stamped white card stock is GP.

To make this card I cut and scored the white card stock base. Then cut the silver foil piece for the card front and put that onto the card base. For the stamped piece I stamped a scalloped stamp upside down using silver Encore ink across the white/GP card front piece. Then used a small ornament punch and punched out different foil card stocks for those -- this photo shows the foil colours I used:


Once the ornaments were punched out I cut small pieces of Scotch double sided tape to put the ornaments on the card. I did not want to use glue dots as sometimes foil card stocks show the glue dot shapes. Once all the ornaments were beneath the stamped scallop I then used this very small punch from Hobby Lobby:


I used silver glittered card stock for my bows and I put the bows on the ornament tops using mini glue dots. For the greeting "Merry Christmas" I used a Die-Versions die in the Cuttlebug and cut that out using silver foiled card stock. Here is another photo of this card:


Very easy card to do and had seen cards made using scalloped stamps for ornament hangers before so thanks to whoever thought up this idea as it is a cute way to use a scalloped stamp. TFL and YOLO

No comments: