Sunday, December 6, 2015

Glittered Washi Tape Ornament Card


This card is inspired by Kim at   stampingimperfection.com.  My card is on a red card stock base, white is GP, washi tapes are from my stash.

To make the card I cut and scored the red card stock base. Cut my white/GP piece. To be sure my washi tapes were straight I made a light pencil line across the white/GP. Laid the tapes down, with some tape off the sides of the white card stock. Once the tapes were on I used scissors to trim off the edges of the tapes that overhung the white card stock.

Using the MISTI I stamped "Merriest Wishes" (from a Hero Arts stamp set), using green ink. For the ornament I punched out an ornament shaped punch from white glittered card stock. Punching over this shape I punched out a 2 inch circle.

Using the ATG I put the white/GP card stock piece onto the red card stock base. Then used the ATG to put my white glittered circle on the card front over the washi tape. Using the Memory Box die set Silverdale Snowflake Duet I cut out one of the snowflakes using silver foiled card stock. Cut off the snowflake and used the long piece as the holder for the ornament. Added sparkly red organza ribbon to the ornament top using a glue dot. Added a silver bling to the center of the ornament. TFL and YOLO

No comments: