Saturday, December 12, 2015

Holly Christmas Card


Cut and scored the Crumb Cake card stock base. Cut the red card front to the size needed. Put the red card front onto the card stock base using the ATG. Set these aside.

For the front of the card I used beige card stock from Mike's. Cut that slightly larger than what I needed. Using Crumb Cake ink I inked up the Fine Lace background stamp. Put the beige card stock on top of the background stamp and ran a brayer over that to transfer the ink from the stamp to the card stock. Once that was done I trimmed this stamped piece to the size I needed for the card front. Using Crumb Cake ink I sponged the edges of my stamped piece. Using the ATG I put this stamped piece onto the card stock base. Set it aside.

For the Holly/berry piece I used the Holly Branch with bow die and cut out scrap green and scrap red card stocks. Sponged all the edges and then layered my pieces together using a glue pen to adhere the layers. Once that was done I then spritzed this piece with gold shimmer mist to give it some dimension. Here is a photo to show the shimmer:


The "Merry Christmas" greeting is a die from Die-Versions. Their word dies always cut cleanly and all the cut pieces fall away from your die cut piece without having to "poke" pieces out. Also this die is one piece but the two words are not connected so you can put them above each other or next to each other or anyway you would like. Again I used red card stock to cut that out.

Once the shimmer mist was dried I put the holly/berries piece onto the card front and then using a glue pen I put the "Merry Christmas" at an angle at the bottom front of the card. Easy card to put together. Just be sure if you should use a background stamp on your card fronts to check for a pattern direction as some of the background stamps do have right side up/upside down patterns. TFL and YOLO.

1 comment:

MaryH said...

This is so lovely here, but even more beautiful IRL. Thank you so much for thinking of us with this gorgeous card. Wondered how you did the lace (thought perhaps stenciling over the fabric lace). A pretty soft look. Love this holly & bow die, and if you have time, would like the maker. It's one I don't have, and love it! Wishing you & family the most Merry Christmas & a swell 2016. TFS & Hugs (oh, the card has been shared in the Friends Card section on my blog).