Wednesday, December 30, 2015

I ♥ ♥ ♥ Stay-cation!


On a two week break from work for the holidays and I must say this is a GREAT Stay-cation for me... First road trip last week to IKEA in Charlotte to pick up my Alex units for my craft room that DH bought me for Christmas . . .  then yesterday was our second road trip. . .

In the past I took classes from a card maker Daphne. She taught at a store I shopped at. I took two of her classes and learned so much in each one. Daphne taught classes for cards/projects that used more than one technique or products. She never limited her classes to one theme or maybe one colour combination -- when you left class you not only left with all different cards but how-to knowledge with tips and how-to's and a detailed instruction sheet for that card/project. Many of the techniques I learned from Daphne I have used on other cards/projects of mine with success.

Daphne decided she was moving away so no more classes for me. . . until.... I was told after she had moved away that she had moved to Matthews, NC and was opening her own stamping/scrapbooking store. It took me awhile to find her but find her I did and yesterday I went to her new store --- so happy me!

Daphne's store is:  Paper Crafters Muse and it is located at: 1905 Rice Road Ext Matthews, NC

DH was more than happy to make another road trip so off we went yesterday --- We had planned this trip on Monday and after doing some checking I found that Paper Crafters Muse was closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. I was just happy to come across Daphne and her new store. I found her email and emailed her that I knew she was closed these two days but if she had a class list could she email it to me? Much to my surprise Daphne emailed me and said she was holding a class for kids yesterday so she would be at the store anyways so I was welcome to stop in if I wanted. YAY! Trip planned and off we went. . .

Daphne's store is all I thought it would be -- well organized, her displays are wonderful, product variety is great. She has shadow boxes she has done hanging up and the details and mixed media she has used on those! Plus she also has cards, projects, scrapbook pages hung near the products she has used. It is great inspiration when you want to buy a new product to actually see a card or project this new product was used on. She also has boards with upcoming card/project classes with the cards on them so you can see what you will be learning and making in each class.

Here is a photo of the items I bought yesterday at her store:


Lucky me -- Daphne had her holiday products on sale --- from Halloween to Thanksgiving and now Christmas -- I am showing this photo to show some of the MANY products she carries -- MFT, Lawn Fawn, Tim Holtz, Sizzix, Impression Obsessions, Elizabeth Craft, Penny Black, Jillian, Carta Bella embossing folders, etc. She carries inks, ribbons, bling, washi tapes, markers, Copics, stencils, dies, stamps, and the list goes on and on.

The one thing I appreciate as a card maker is how her products are laid out. Daphne has taken the time to keep you inspired -- IE -- all her embossing folders are not just in one location -- she has them scattered around the store with dies and stamps with cards/projects hanging so you can see how you would use an embossing folder with a die or a stamp or such. Same with manufacturers or themes -- she has snowmen dies or stamps with Christmas but also with winter themes, etc.. Well planned throughout the store. But Daphne also carries non seasonal stamps and card stocks so you can get whatever you are looking for at her shop, anytime of the year. She carries whimsical stamps, floral stamps, and many other kinds you may be looking for. GREAT find for us card makers, journal keepers, (esp the new planners out there to fill in), as well as scrapbookers.

With smaller stores tho always comes larger prices -- but at Daphne's store that is not the case. Her prices are great, her variety of manufacturers is wonderful, and her inspiration is even better!! Happy me to find Daphne and her store --- great news too?? She is 15 miles from IKEA!!!  WOO HOO!!!

I left her store with not only great items at great prices but print outs for me and my friend for her upcoming classes so we can plan our trips for her classes. WELL worth the trip to her store to shop and for her great classes -- looking forward to continued classes with Daphne and her staff.

A BIG thank you to Daphne for allowing us to shop yesterday as well. Am SOOOO happy I was able to visit her store and look forward to many trips for classes and shopping.... Already told DH I would like a gift certificate from Daphne's store  for my birthday -- haha.... If you are in the area or maybe making a trip to IKEA drive the extra 15 miles to Daphne's store -- IT WON'T DISAPPOINT!! :0)

TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

MaryH said...

YAY at finding a new stamp store. Next time we are at the Ikea, we will try to check this out. Looks like you got some wonderful 'schtuff', and nice to hear her prices are competitive. Also that she stocks the newer supplies, that many locals do not. Also hope the customer service is just as reliable, as what we expect too. Satisfied customers who have been treated fairly & appreciatively, are the best advertising a business can have. Happy you! TFS (perhaps we can coordinate our next Ikea visits! LOL)