Sunday, December 6, 2015

Quilted Snowflake Card


Red -- this card is for a quilter friend of mine who loves the colour red. Card stock base is red and the white is GP.

To begin with I cut out the Paper Trey Ink Quilted: Winter Die set. I cut out a white piece using white GP. Then using a 6 x 6 pad of printed card stocks by American Crafts -- bought it at AC Moore -- I cut out the die again a few times using different prints so I could "patchwork" the snowflake. Once all my pieces were cut out I set that all aside.

For the white/GP card front piece I used a dotted background stamp from Printworks (way old from my stash) and stamped it all over the card front using silver ink from Encore. Using red ink and my MISTI I stamped the star/snowflake shapes in the upper left and lower right had corner of that piece. Once that was done I used a glue pen to put the white snowflake frame piece on the stamped white/GP piece. Used a glue pen to add all the printed pieces to the snowflake quilt.

Using a greeting stamp from that Quilted: Winter stamp set I stamped the greeting using red ink onto scrap white/GP. Laid that across the bottom of the card. Trimmed off the edges using scissors. Using the ATG I put this white piece onto the red card stock base.

Using snowflake punches from M Stewart I punched out snowflakes from glittered white card stock. Put the larger snowflake in the center of my quilted snowflake piece. The smaller snowflakes I put on the greeting piece. All glittered snowflakes are put onto the card using glue dots.

Added a red organdy bow to the bottom front and this card was done. TFL and YOLO

No comments: