Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Road Trip . . .


First day of holiday break from work and DH wanted to head out on a road trip... stopping here and there for his auto parts and such and ending our trip at IKEA in Charlotte. Happy me that DH bought me two Alex units for my craft room for Christmas. YAY!

On our way we made a few stops for him and while in the area we stopped at Enchanted Cottage in Lewisville, NC. Don't often go there as it is a long drive but since we were in the area. . . This is a rubber stamp store and they had a sales special that started yesterday -- all their wood mounted stamps -- not just holiday but all wood mounted stamps -- buy one get one free. Happy me to pick up a few of the Northwoods Rubber stamps that I wanted and get a few free was a bonus. I also picked up a holiday die by Elizabeth Craft.

I had received an email from Enchanted Cottage over the weekend about their stamp sale but they also had in this email that they had just replenished their supply of the Ken Oliver craft mats so I picked up one up of those. I have the brown craft mat and with that mat comes the complaints -- it is slippery, slides around on the work table, wrinkles and creases do not go away, it is not heat resistant, and the list goes on and on. . .  but the craft mat by Ken Oliver is heat resistant, (you can emboss ON it), it is wrinkle resistant, does not move on your work surface, and items -- like beads or sequins -- that you put on the mat stay in place. It also cleans up quickly and is far superior to the brown mat. The gal said some people buy two -- one for their crafts and one to put their BigShot or Cuttlebug machines on so the machines do not move. It is reasonably priced and sells out quickly so if you should find one it is a good purchase that you will be glad you bought. YouTube has a few videos on this craft mat and well worth the time to watch them. Glad I was able to pick that up.

Then off to Greensboro and was able to stop at all my favorite stops/stores. We had a late lunch and off to IKEA in Charlotte. I picked up two more sets of the magazine holders for the craft room and matching boxes with lids for craft room storage and DH picked up the Alex units. Happy me that I will have to reorganize the craft room AGAIN --- hahaha -- but I love the Alex units. They are very sturdy and have a nice finish not to mention lots of storage with the drawers. Just wished IKEA was closer to home -- :0)    TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

MaryH said...

This is the same IKEA we visited! It's just north of Charlotte, and I think it's considered to be in Cabarrus County(Concord), but not sure. THe Hobby Lobby next door is quite nice also. You'll LOVE the Alex cabs! Also loved all the cards you received from your blog buddies. So glad that Christmas & Santa were generous at your house! TFS & Hugs