Sunday, December 13, 2015

Snowy Butterfly Wreath Card


*** This card was chosen as one of the Favorites of the Week on Splitcoaststampers.com ***

Making Christmas cards and have to make at least one with a wreath -- for this card I used this butterfly punch and for my wreath it took 13 of these butterflies:


To make the wreath I used snowflake card stock from my stash and punched out 13 butterflies --- but this photo only shows 12:


Once the butterflies were punched out I folded them in half and then attached them to each other using a small glue dot -- they naturally make a circle shape. Here is my wreath after I put the butterflies together:


Then on the inside of the butterflies I used Scotch double sided tape to keep the folded butterflies closed and flat.

For my card I used white #110 weight card stock from Mikes. Blue is Hobby Lobby and the snowflake embossed white card front is GP:


"Let It Snow" was cut out using the Cuttlebug and it is a die by Die-Version. Once that was cut out I used the ATG and put the snowflake embossed card front on the blue card stock. Then put these on the card stock base using the ATG.

The "Let It Snow" was put on the bottom of the card using a glue pen and I used the M Stewart snow flake punch for the snowflakes. They are on the card and wreath using glue dots.

Once I had the wreath on the card front (used large glue dots for that) I used the sprig punch from M Stewart and punched out sprigs from silver glittered card stock and also from the solid blue card stock. Put those on the wreath with glue dots. Used a Marvy bow punch and added a silver glittered bow to the center of the sprigs. Used the snowflake punch on white glittered card stock and put those on the bow and the wreath with mini glue dots:


Easy card to put together and you would never know the wreath is butterflies --- TFL and YOLO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Candee I am enjoying seeing all the cards of late. You have been busy!!!
We are clearing 6.5 inches of snow and we need it.
Hugs and smiles, Reva

Candee said...

Hi Reva -- Thanks for your blog visit!! 6.5 inches of snow this time of year is great for the holidays -- we have a warming trend -- 72 right now but I still miss the Western NY snows this time of year!! Right now I am addressing all my cards I made and hoping to have them in the mail tomorrow so I can begin the Elf stuffs for the gals at work. KEEP WARM and BE SAFE!!! Happy Holidays!! Candee P