Sunday, December 6, 2015

Starburst Christmas Card


Used green for the card stock base with the card front piece being cream. Cut and scored the green card stock base. Cut the cream piece to the size I wanted for the card front. For the prints I used a 6 x 6 pad of card stock by Authentique.

To make the Starburst I needed 9 triangles. I cut five pieces of printed card stock 1 1/2" x 4". Cutting them from the top left corner to the lower right corner I made my triangle pieces. I used the trimmer to cut these triangles. Once the triangles were all cut I laid out my pieces to decide which print I wanted to use and where. As you can see I only used 9 triangles for this card so one triangle will not be used.

To keep the Starburst straight and even I used a ruler and made a light pencil line across the cream card stock front. Above this pencil line I used the ATG and covered the cream piece with adhesive. Used a sponge and sponged all my triangle edges with green ink.

To start this card I laid my lower right front green piece on the pencil line to start my pattern. The next piece was the lower left front piece, points touching in the center. Then I continued adding the other triangles working from right to left until my Starburst was complete. It is important that you do the "laying out" of your pattern so you will know not only how they all fit together but if you should move around some of your prints. Once all the triangles were on the card front I then turned this over and took it to the trimmer and trimmed off the excess edges of the prints.

Using scrap red card stock I cut a piece to put on my card front across the lower edge of my Starburst. Put the red strip on the card front using the ATG. Once the red strip was on the card front I sponged the edges of the Starburst piece using green ink. Then used the ATG and put this piece onto the green card stock base.

For the "Merry Christmas" circle on the card front --- this circle die came with a British card making magazine I bought. All the British card making magazines have "free monthly gifts". I have gotten embossing folders, a scoring tool, card stocks, tags, dies, stamps, ribbons/bling. This is a cute die and I thought the circle would be good for the angular front to this card.

Using a Fiskars tree punch I punched out a tree from scrap green card stock. Using a 2 inch circle punch I punched out a cream circle to put my die cut piece on. Put the tree in the center using glue dots and added a small star using gold glittered card stock.Put the die cut circle piece on the card front using glue dots. TFL and YOLO

No comments: