Sunday, January 3, 2016

Christmas Thank You Cards


These are a few of the thank you cards I made for Christmas gifts I received. For the card base I used Cool Caribbean card stock. Turquoise is Mikes and the white card front is GP.

Cut and scored the card stock base. Cut the turquoise card front piece to the size I needed. Set these aside. Cut the white/GP pieces for the card front. Using the MISTI I used both sets of the Abstract Stamp Sets from MFT (My Favorite Things) and different inks and stamped a variety of stamps from these stamp sets on the white pieces. Fished off these card fronts using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set -- I used the large dotted stamp from that set.

Once my white card front pieces were all stamped I used the ATG and attached them to the turquoise pieces and then put these onto the card stock base.

For the "thanks" I used a die from Taylored Expressions that I received as a free die with one of my orders. I wanted to use the turquoise card stock from Mikes for the "thanks" but I wanted it to be thicker. So I cut two pieces of turquoise card stock larger than I would need for the die and I used the ATG to adhere them together. Then I cut the die out from these card stocks using the Cuttlebug. The two layers of card stock give the die cut piece more dimension on the card front:


Put the "thanks" onto the card front using a glue pen. Then used micro mini glue dots and put three sequins on the card front. The sequins add a little sparkle and shine to the cards. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

MaryH said...

Great look with the combination of products & a nice modern design too. Liked your idea of adhering the cardstock prior to die cutting. I usually just cut 2 dies, adhere the pieces together with some Tombow. Will be trying this. TFS & Hugs too.