Monday, January 18, 2016

Faux Tile Valentine Card


Card stock base is light pink. Then I used a light coral for the card front and stamped that with a mini hearts background stamp in the MISTI from MFTstamps.com. Once that was stamped I trimmed it to the size I wanted for the card front. Used the ATG and put this onto the pink card stock base:


For my stamped image I decided to make the faux tile background -- cut my white/GP piece to the size I wanted - 4" x 3". Using the score board I scored this every 1/2 inch across and then turned it and scored it again every 1/2 inch.

To get the tile look I turned my scored piece over -- with the scored lines indented rather than raised. For the flowers I used the What I Love stamp set from SU and stamped two of the flower stamps onto the scored piece. Then stamped the leaves stamp near the flower. Using a small flower and small dot stamp from that same stamp set I stamped those randomly onto the scored piece. Sponged the edges with light pink. Here is a photo to show the tiled look:


For the greeting used Teeny Tiny Wishes and stamped the greeting onto a piece of vellum and wrapped that around the tiled white piece. Then put this white piece onto green card stock:


 Using pop dots I put this onto my pink card stock base. Added three green sequins to the card front for some sparkle. TFL and YOLO

No comments: