Sunday, January 31, 2016

K.I.S.S. Valentine Cards


Keep It Simple Stamping cards today -- used single stamps I bought at a crafter's garage sale for $1.00 each and combined it with a borders embossing folder and Wa La -- two different Valentine cards.

Both cards are on a red card stock base with a white/GP embossed piece for the card front. The red glittered card stock is from American Craft from ACMoore. Here is the first card:


Here is a closer photo to show the embossing on the card front as well as the small red foil heart I added to the stamped heart:


Here is the second card made using one stamp:


and again a closer photo to show the embossing:


As with any card you are mass producing and using the KISS method the key is to have all your pieces ready. To begin with I cut and scored all my red card bases. Then I cut all my white/GP pieces for the card fronts. Whenever I use embossing folders I emboss two pieces of card stock at a time. This makes for a softer embossed piece and it also prevents the small rips and tears of the embossed card stocks that the deeper embossing folders can cause. Once my white/GP pieces were embossed I trimmed all those pieces to the size I needed for my card fronts.

Using white/GP card stock and red ink I stamped my two heart stamps. Set those aside. Using a scalloped heart die I cut out all the red glittered hearts I would need for all the card fronts. Using a heart punch I punched out all the stamped hearts. I used red sticky tape to put the stamped hearts onto the red glittered scalloped hearts. Set those aside.

Using the ATG I put all my embossed white/GP pieces onto the red card stock bases. Using pop dots I put all the glittered/stamped hearts onto the card fronts. For the "happy valentine's day" heart I used a mini heart punch and punched out a little heart from red foil card stock. I put that onto the larger stamped heart using a micro mini glue dot.

Easy card to put together and the glittered hearts add sparkle and shine to the card fronts. Quick card for assembly as well. Good use for dollar stamps from a garage sale.... :0)   TFL and YOLO

No comments: