Saturday, January 30, 2016

Kisses Window Box Treat Holder


Wanted a new pattern for candies for Valentine's Day and I came across the tutorial and video by Connie on her blog:   www.SimplySimpleStamping.com.  These treat holders are not only easy to put together but cute too -- a nice presentation for Hershey candy kisses. Here is my version of Connie's idea:


After watching her video I made up a sample holder using white/GP card stock to see if this was as easy as it looked and it is -- but for my holders I used only 4 kiss candies as I did not want the candies to hang out the ends of the triangle holders. I also did not stamp the back of my holders as I do not have the stamp set she used. Here is my pink holder:


I used pink card stock for the holder and used the Decorative Label punch for my 'window' using a clear sheet. The "Feb 14" stamp as well as the hearts stamp are from the Loads of Love stamp set. I used MFT red ink for those. For the small red hearts on the left by the date I used border punches by M Stewart and put them on the holder using a glue pen. The twine is Doodlebug.

Here is the red holder:


For this red holder I used the heart and "Love" stamp from the Ting Tags stamp set and the greeting "happy valentine's day" is from Teeny Tiny Wishes. On the right end of the holder is hearts washi tape. Black twine is from Mikes.


As you can see by this side photo the candies fit nicely in this holder. Thanks to Connie for sharing her video for these treat holders. TFL and YOLO

No comments: