Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Shadow Stamping Card


To begin with this card is on a card stock base of Lovely Lilac card stock. Front embossed white card stock is GP. Used a script embossing folder to emboss the white piece in the Cuttlebug. (I always emboss two pieces of card stock at a time for a softer embossed piece).

For the stamped image I did the Shadow Stamping technique using the SU Serene Silhouettes stamp set. What I did for my stamped image was to cut out the white/GP piece I wanted to stamp. Then used Post-It notes to put on the edges of the white/GP piece.  I stamped my stamp, using the Lovely Lilac ink, to the right side of the white/GP piece. Once that was stamped I cleaned the stamp and then inked it with Versa Mark. Stamped again stamping close to the left side of the white/GP piece and a bit lower than my inked stamped image. I then covered it with white embossing powder and heat set that. Here is a photo to show the embossed image over the stamped image:


Once that was embossed then I sponged some of the Lovely Lilac ink over the image -- still having the Post-It notes on my white/GP piece. Once the sponging was done I removed the Post-It notes revealing the white border around the stamped image....

Now for the assembly -- I used a scrap piece of the Lovely Lilac card stock cut 1" wide. Set that aside. Cut and scored the Lovely Lilac card stock base. Trimmed my embossed white card stock to the size I wanted for the card front. Then using the ATG I put the 1" Lovely Lilac piece across the center of the embossed piece and trimmed off the edges. Using the ATG I put the white embossed piece onto the card stock base.

For the white stamped piece I measured that and cut a piece of Lovely Lilac card stock a bit bigger to put the stamped piece on. Put these together using the ATG. Then I put these on the card front using pop dots for dimension. Added small white pearls on either side of the stamped images. Easy card to do and it looks nice in any colour. In person you can see the shine of the embossed image. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

MaryH said...

Oh so pretty. Perfect soft color to do this technique, looks wonderful with the script embossing behind the layers. Check out Jennifer McGuire's Faux Metallic Technique...you will like trying that one too! TFS