Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Shimmer Heart Card


This card is on a Lovely Lavender base, red is Mikes, and the white is watercolour paper from Hobby Lobby.

To make this card I cut and scored the lavender card stock. Cut the red card stock to the size I needed for the card front. For the watercolour paper I cut that to the size I needed for my watercoloured piece. Using Reynolds Freezer paper I cut out a detailed heart die from Spellbinders in the Cuttlebug. I ironed the cut out heart freezer paper piece onto the watercolour paper. Once that was done I then used watercolours and painted over heart piece. Set this aside to dry.

Once dried I used the heat tool over the freezer paper heart piece to release the freezer paper. Using an awl I lifted off the heart piece which reveals the white heart. Using my MISTI I stamped the "Happy Valentine's Day" ** stamp on the lower right corner of the heart piece.  Once that was stamped I used Smooch and spritzed the card front piece:


Using the ATG I put the white heart piece onto the red card stock and then adhered them to the lavender card stock base. Added a red heart crystal from the stash and this card was done.

To see how to do the Freezer Paper Technique Kristina Werner has a how-to video on YouTube. For the "Happy Valentine's Day" stamp -- this stamp is from a Stamp of the Month from Close To My Heart. Each month they offer a different stamp set for $5.00 for a minimum purchase of $50.00. I had placed an order for CTMH organizing container, card stock, and another stamp set so I qualified to buy this stamp set -- which I have already put to use --


And this shows it is a Stamp of the Month -- "SOTM" stamp set:


I place my Close To My Heart stamp orders thru: donnaschaeffer.ctmh.com and you can have your order sent directly to your house. If you should have any questions about their great products, stamp sets, card stocks, inks, and organizing products you can email Donna at: donna4papercrafting@gmail.com.  I like their stamps as they are high quality clear stamps and all their sets offer a big selection so you just don't get one greeting or saying or one flower or whatnot. CTMH has been around for many years and their products stand the test of time. Each stamp set comes in a plastic envelope and are easy to store. Plus with the Stamp of the Month club each month you do not have to wait for "clearance" or "specials" to get great products at reduced prices. TFL and YOLO

No comments: