Sunday, February 28, 2016

Bo-ka ? ? ? Bouquet ? ? ?


Bo-ka??? Bouquet??? Anyway you say it, it is easy! This post is showing the Bokeh Technique and I will explain how I did this on my two cards ---

To begin with --- my card fronts for this technique are both white/GP card stock. I used three inks for these two card fronts in this order:  Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, and Cool Caribbean. I used sponges to put the inks on the two card fronts:


now the Crushed Curry:


and then filled in with the Cool Caribbean:


Once the two card fronts were inked I then used a piece of heavy vellum and using the Cuttlebug I cut out the three smallest dies in the Stampin Up circle dies set. When you cut out the circles on this vellum be sure to not be too close to the edges of the vellum and that the circles have space between them.

With those cut out I laid the vellum circles piece over my two inked fronts and I used a finger dauber to add white craft ink to the card front pieces. Here is what they looked like after my white circles were added:


REMEMBER the white craft ink will dry lighter so do not worry if you think the white circles are too dark while you are doing this technique as you will see the difference once it dries. Here is a photo of the circle vellum piece after I added the white craft ink to the card front pieces:


Am keeping my circled vellum piece as a template and will reuse it over and over for this technique. Best scenario would be to do this technique the night before you want to make your project so the white craft ink will dry naturally but you can use your heat tool to hurry this along ---


In the above photo you will see my small clip board that I covered with aluminum foil and I use this to hold my pieces while I am using the heat tool. This prevents me from burning my hands and it also keeps the card stock flat.

Here is the first card I used this Bokeh Technique on:


Card stock base is Cool Caribbean, with a piece of coral card stock behind the card front. The greeting "happy Spring" is from the MFT Embellished Eggs stamp set. (My Favorite Things). I used the multi butterfly punch from M Stewart for the butterflies. Added a clear crystal to the butterflies for some sparkle. This is the second card:


This card stock base is yellow, the green piece behind the card front is a light green from Mikes. For this card front I used a doily die from Cheery Lynn and the "hello" is a die from Little B. Cut the white banner from white/GP card stock and used a banner punch on the ends. Added sequins from the stash randomly to the card front.

The camera does not capture this technique as it looks very dimensional in person. VERY easy to do and am glad I made two card fronts at the same time as they both look quite different from each other. TFL and YOLO

2 comments:

Marie B. said...

Thanks for the easy explanation of the technique, and also for showing what your template looks like. Your cards are so pretty! :)

Candee said...

Hi Marie -- thanks for your nice comment about the Bokeh Technique cards. I hope I was able to explain it clearly both with description and photos. Very easy to do and as you can see on the vellum circles template I used all the circle cut outs on my card -- just kept moving the vellum on the inked card piece. Just remember to lift your vellum and then lay it down rather than slide it on the card front so you won't smear your inked circles you already did. Thanks for your blog visit, too! :0) Have a good one --- Candee P