Sunday, February 21, 2016

Thinking of You Scraps Card


This card is on a yellow card stock base. The solid front piece is orange. The five strips are different card stocks from the stash that have similar shades of yellow.

To begin with. I cut out five different strips of printed card stock 3/4" x 5 1/2". Laid out the strips the way I wanted them to be on the card front. I used the softer print to do my stamping on -- the greeting is by Paper Sweeties and I stamped that using the MISTI with green ink:


Once the stamping was done I used small pieces of scotch tape on the back of my strips to hold them together. Once they were altogether I trimmed them to the size I wanted -- 3 3/4" x 5" and then used the ATG to put the strip piece onto the orange piece for the card stock front. ** Then using the ATG I put the strips card front onto the yellow card stock base.

Using a 3/4" square punch I punched out a square from scrap orange card stock. Then cut that square in half, from corner to corner, using scissors. Put these triangles on my card front piece. Added two small green crystals to those triangles:

**In the future when I make another strips card front I will cut a piece of white copy paper to 3 3/4" x 5 1/2" and put my strips onto this copy paper. The copy paper will be the base for this pattern and I think it will make it a lot easier to put the strips onto the card front piece. This way you are handling one piece of paper rather than 5 strips of paper.

Easy card to make and good use of printed scraps or maybe printed card stocks that you do not like. TFL and YOLO

No comments: