Thursday, March 24, 2016

Project samplings -- -- --


Here are photos of items I made for the gals at work for Easter. Used different colour card stocks but only took photos of this one set:


Absolutely LOVE this basket die --- recently I had posted that I had weeded out my craft room and had items at a local thrift store that has consignment areas. I have sold a lot of my no-longer used items and with that money I have bought new items ..... this is the Basket Makery die from Fun Stampers Journey. I came across Fun Stampers Journey by seeing videos by Deb Valder. She was a Stampin Up demonstrator for many years and she left them and joined Fun Stampers Journey.

She started making videos and posting on her blog about all the products she was using from this company and so it began. This die fits in a Journey Platinum machine (which I also bought) and it cuts 8 1/2" by 11" card stocks. This basket die cuts in one pass and no 'hairies' and it does not cut through the scored lines. It is a great die and making baskets for everyone was not hard. For the above basket I cut out a yellow basket and then a plaid basket using this card stock from Hobby Lobby. Once the plaid basket was cut out I used scissors and cut off all four sides of the basket. Then using the trimmer I trimmed off 1/8" around each side of the basket pieces. Used the ATG to put the plaid card stock onto the yellow basket base.

For the bows I used the bow maker punch from Stampin Up. Put the bow on each side of my basket using glue dots. Added paper shred from the dollar store and then filled it up with Easter chocolates.
Each basket is a different colour and so each one looks different. But a simple basket to make.

Now for the Matchbook holder that holds a Fun Size bag of M&Ms:


Bunny was made using the Spellbinders Eggs die set and the ears and feet are ovals -- this is the same pattern I used at my recent Shoe Box Swap pattern for the bunny.

Tootsie Pop Holder:


This Tootsie Pop holder was made using the pattern from Nancy Novak on Youtube. Good directions and a quick video. This holder also uses scraps as well.


This holder is made using the Scallop Tag Topper punch from Stampin Up and the Eggstra Spectacular stamp set stamped on a clear sheet for the window. Easy treat holder to put together.

Fry Box Bunny was also made for everyone:


Fry Box die from Stampin Up and I used their Hardwood stamp background for the wood grain on the Fry Box. Fun projects to put together and the gals loved them... of course they are all filled with chocolates and candies.... so maybe that is why they were all happy!! :0)    TFL and YOLO


No comments: