Sunday, March 6, 2016

Shamrock Card


Shamrock card for St. Patty's Day. Had seen this card layout done on Youtube by Linda Zook for her
Flap Birthday Card and decided to use the same layout for my St. Pat's cards.

To begin with my white card stock base is by PTI (Paper Trey Ink). The white polka dot paper is from Mikes and the the light green card stock is from SU.

The shamrock piece is the napkin technique using napkins from the dollar store -- after removing the back layers to the printed napkin I cut the napkin in half. Then adhered it to a piece of white/GP using Glad wrap (NON microwaveable) and an iron. Here is what that looked like after it was finished:


With the napkin adhered to the white/GP card stock I then used the trimmer and trimmed it to the pieces I would need for my card front. (Linda's video is easy to follow and all the measurements are on her video). Then used a dotted embossing folder I embossed the napkin piece. I choose a dotted embossing folder since I was using polka dot card stock on the card front.

Once my card was assembled I used a shamrock punch from M Stewart and I punched out a shamrock from glitter foam also from the dollar store. To put this glittered shamrock on my card front I used glue dots.This photo shows the shamrock:


 Here is the inside of my card:


Easy card to put together and a thank you to Linda Zook for sharing her layout and video how-to's for this card. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

MaryH said...

Hey, would be lovely to have a link to this video. I've never had great success with this napkin technique and have tons of pretty little napkins that would look great used this way. This is a darling card, and had no idea, you had done the design with napkins. Clever you! TFS