Saturday, March 12, 2016

St Pat's Treat Holders


Just finished the treat holders for the gals at work  --- used a kraft gift bag from the dollar store to hold the treats. Decorated the front of the bags using glittered foam shamrock stickers from the dollar store - added glue dots to the backs of the shamrocks to put them on the gift bag front. Used the computer to type out their names and used circle and scalloped circle punches for those. Punched two holes in the top of the bag for my ribbon:

Here is one of the gift bags:



Inside each bag is green paper shred, also from the dollar store, and these three treat holders:



Used solid green card stock from Mikes for my baskets. I cut the basket shapes out using the Sizzix Basket #2 die. Have the handle on the basket using brads. I covered the brads with more of the glittered foam shamrocks using glue dots to put those on each basket side. Once the baskets were filled with green paper shred and various candies I put the baskets in clear bags from the candy aisle at the craft store. Tied them closed with wide green ribbon from the stash.

This next holder holds a Tootsie Pop lollipop:


Used a scallop border punch for the front of the holders. The little leprechaun is from a sticker pack from the dollar store. Tied green ribbon from the stash around the Tootsie Pop stick to keep the holder closed. This next holder holds three Hershey nugget candies:


Pattern for this nugget holder is on YouTube from "dawn5377". She has a quick video and shows all the sizes you need for your card stock pieces. Easy holder to put together.

I am not big on St. Patty's Day but I hope the gals will enjoy their treats for St. Pat's! TFL and YOLO

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Candee, Am enjoying your St Paddy's projects. Just attended the rubber stamp convention in Albuquerque, NM. Saw Pam and hubby from Morningstar stamps. She has the cutest ideas and we have a large number of her stamps. I asked her if she remembered you from Rochester, NY.

Question--in early 2015 you posted how you identify sentiments in your stamp boxes, and the color code chart.
Candee I have found the 1/4" dots in red and basic corners on the internet--BUT the other colored dots--did you make them.

Thanks for your help. Hugs and smiles, Reva

Candee said...

Hi Reva -- First -- I love Pam - Morningstar stamps is a great company and their stamps are really nice. I have had many of them for quite a few years and they stamp as clearly today as the day I brought them home from my first stamp show --- Pam does the cutest projects for her shows and well worth stopping by her booth to see them! Glad you got to meet her - she is very nice. As for the colour dots --- I just used scraps of card stocks and a 1/4 circle punch. Then I put these dots on the stamp set boxes next to the titles. At first I thought it could be a waste of time but too many of the stamps were not being used because I could not always remember what stamp set had what in it and wanted to know at a glance and not have to go to the computer or to a binder to look them up. And to be honest too many of the Stampin Up stamp sets have titles that do not remind me of what stamps are IN that set. Thanks for your blog visit and hope this answer helps! Candee P

Anonymous said...

Thanks Candee for the info. I too have lots of scraps and a dab of glue and a typed guide and like you I will have fewer less used stamps. Pam has a new stamp where by you can select the word to highlight. It will be fun to use. Had a long list of wants for her booth.

Thanks again, Reva