Sunday, April 10, 2016

Finally filled up --


Recent trip to the Restore for railing parts for the staircase found me this find:


Old, dusty and dirty, metal shelf unit. We brought it home and it was hosed off and wiped down. At first I thought it would be perfect for card stocks but once I got it in the craft room.... another story...

Keep all my misc wood mounted stamps from various manufacturers in Stampendous storage boxes. Most of these boxes I am using I picked up using a store credit at a store where I sold a lot of stamping and craft items I was no longer using. So I probably only had to buy a few of the clear boxes for storage.

Here are photos of these boxes in use on this metal shelf unit:


And I labeled the boxes using the label maker:





These boxes are on this shelf unit alphabetically by titles. As for some of the wooden stamps I have favorite companies -- IE: MorningstarStamps.com.  Here are two of the boxes with their stamps in them. I use the small and large snowman face stamps from them all the time and it is easier to remember where those stamps are by keeping the Morningstar stamps together:


As for cling and clear stamps I have -- I keep the Stampin Up woodmount sets I ended up keeping (really weeded those out recently) with the cling SU sets I have on a shelf together. All my Close To My Heart stamp sets are stored together as are my MyFavoriteThings stamp sets. 

Grouping my stamps together by titles or manufacturers I am able to find what I am looking for and I find I use some stamps more often now than I had in the past as I can easily find what I am looking for. Now with this metal shelf unit I will not have to move all these stamp boxes out of my way so I can get to a box I want to use. The shelf unit also corrals all the wood mounted stamps together so they are now all in one area of the craft room --- right next to the counter that has all the inks. TFL and YOLO

2 comments:

Brenda said...

What an amazing find Candee! I love how nicely your stamps fit in there. Hugs, Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hi Candee, This what ever you call this type of shelving--you have made great use of it. Couldn't be happier for you finding it. I also like the idea of storing stamps by company. I now have many Morningstar stamps.
Hugs and smiles, Reva