Saturday, April 23, 2016

Mom's Day Card



Mother's Day is coming and here is a card for Mom. To begin with I used hot pick card stock for the card base. White/GP was used for the card front and the floral print is from the stash. (If using a directional patterned printed paper as I did be sure you have it going in the right direction on your card front).

Used my old stand-by metal dies by Cuttlebug for my letters "M". Cut two of the M's out using the Cuttlebug machine and scrap hot pink card stock. Once the letters were cut out I worked on Mom's hat --


In the above photo I am using scrap card stocks to show the sizes and how the hat is assembled. To begin with for the light pink scalloped piece which is the first layer to the hat, I used a 1 1/4" scalloped circle punch. Then the hot pink circle is the brim to the hat and for that I used a 1 1/8" circle punch. The green circle is the circle that makes the hat band, (on my card that is the white piece), and this circle was made using a 7/8" circle punch. (That size circle punch was purchased at Hobby Lobby in the jewelry section). The seafoam green circle is the top of the hat and that circle is 3/4". Stacked my hat circles together using the ATG and added a small bow to the hat using the mini bow punch from Hobby Lobby.

Once the hat was made I put the printed card stock onto the card front white/GP piece using the ATG. Then put these pieces onto the hot pink card stock base using the ATG. For the M's I used a ruler to be sure my placement was straight on the card front and I used a glue pen to put the M's on the card leaving room between them for the "hat".

Once the M's were on I used glue dots and put the hat in the center of the M's and added a hot pink crystal to the bow. Here is a better photo of that:


I off set the top of the hat so you could see the white "band" around the hat from the top. Easy card to put together and good for "Mom" on Mother's Day. TFL and YOLO

No comments: