Saturday, April 23, 2016

Quick cards to make --

Here are a couple of quick cards I made  --


Card stock base is #110 weight white card stock frm Mikes. The black is also from Mikes. The card front is white/GP that I used two distressed inks on. Stamped the Memory Box background stamp over the distressed piece of card stock using Memento black ink. Using the M Stewart multi butterfly punch I added random black butterflies to the card front. "Just Because" is from Fun Stampers Journey. Used a banner die from Franticstampers.com for the greeting tag.

This next card uses the Rose Garden stamp set from Fun Stampers Journey:


Blue card stock base is Close To My Heart, black is from Mikes, and white card front is GP. Used the Rose Garden stamp set from Fun Stampers Journey. Stamped the flower image onto the white/GP piece using Memento black ink. Using a dauber I added blue ink the to flowers and used a marker for the green leaves. Then ran this through the Cuttlebug in an embossing folder. The "Thinking of You" stamp is from Paper Sweeties. Used the SU Bitty Banner die to cut that out. Once the card pieces were all assembled I added blue Stickles to the center of the flowers.

Sympathy Card --- easy card to make using one stamp for the front piece and front background piece:



Cream card stock base is #110 weight card stock from Mikes. For the front of the card I used black from Mikes and cut my cream pieces to size. Stamped the flower stamp from the SU stamp set Elements of Style using Memento black ink. Once the front piece for the background on the card front was stamped I used the SU Square Lattice embossing folder and embossed that piece using the Cuttlebug. Trimmed it to the size I needed for the card front and then sponged the edges with black ink.

For the smaller stamped front piece I stamped the image and then sponged the edges -- that piece is not embossed. Once the stamped images were on the black card stock I added a piece of sheer black ribbon to the smaller stamped piece. Using the SU Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set I stamped "With Sympathy" on cream card stock and used a banner die from Frantic Stampers to cut that out. Put the card pieces onto the card stock base and used glue dots to add the greeting piece. Easy card to put together. TFL and YOLO

No comments: