Sunday, May 15, 2016

Garage sale - ing . . .

Have been to a few crafter's yard sales lately and many great finds for me... First sale I picked up:


This is the washi tape dispenser by We R Memory Keepers. I have far too many washi tapes to use this as a dispenser and storage but for the holidays for cards and tags and such it will be handy to have all my holiday washi tapes on this holder for easy use. Each spindle holds two regular sized washi tape rolls and for the wider tape I will just put one on each spindle. Great find for sure.


Lots of trims and blings -- the holiday felt pieces will be perfect for gift tags and box tags and such.



Happy me to find the flat punches from SU! I replaced my "whale" punches (their black punches like the star and heart punches above) with these flat punches. They are easier to store and with thicker card stocks easier to punch. Also in the second photo of punches are the thicker twines from SU and a partial sheet of their pearl bling. Like the pearls as you can colour them using a Sharpie marker to go with any colour you are using on your projects. The sale I bought these items from was great--I picked up the SU clear block set to replace the 3 SU blocks I had picked up used many years back, SU ribbons, dimensionals, ink pads --- many of those are the new style ink pads so I replaced my older linen ink pads with those -- other items as well.


At another sale I picked up more sealed packs of card stocks -- many colours I did not already have -- now are in their new home on the card stock shelf in my craft room.

As for stamps I have many favorite wood mounted stamp sets from SU that I would like to replace with the cling version and I was able to locate a few of those cling sets so that was good. Easier to store than the wood and I can use the cling stamps with my MISTI.

Good sales for sure. More and more crafters are selling their no-longer used products before the new SU catalog comes out June 1st so this is a good 'season' for us crafters looking to stretch our crafting budget. TFL and YOLO

No comments: