Sunday, May 15, 2016

Road trip ---

This weekend DH had a swap meet for auto parts in Kannapolis, NC near Charlotte. I usually do not tag along for those sales but due to location I was happy to go.... This swap meet/sale is about a 20 minute ride to Ikea and so it goes.... and so did I . . . .  :0)

We headed out early for the three hour drive and I helped DH unload his trailer and got his 'spot' all set up and organized. He took the trailer off his truck and I took the truck to IKEA. Ikea is next to Hobby Lobby so I stopped in there as well and picked up Wink of Stella on clearance -- happy me.... Then I walked through Ikea and picked up the plastic boxes with lids by Kuggis that they sell and I also picked up two more items --- these are desk "mats" and were $5.99 each. They are now on my ink counter and the work island in the craft room -- they are opaque and big enough to cover the work surface. Plus they wipe clean so I will not have to worry about inks and such. Here is a photo of the bar code number and product name:


Much cheaper, and larger, than a silicone mat and the price was too good to pass up. I left there and off to The Paper Muse store.

The Paper Muse store is owned by Daphne -- Daphne used to teach card making classes at a store I once shopped at and she is an excellent teacher. But she moved away and so her classes stopped. I came across the name of her store she opened and location and this is my second trip to Daphne's store. Well worth the trip both times -- yesterday I picked up these great finds at her store:


The BEST thing about visiting Daphne's store is all the inspiration --- she has product samples all over the place -- cards hanging on the walls above the products she used to make the cards, card stocks every where you turn -- the newest of new products -- stamps, dies, inks, etc and good prices as well!

When I lived in upstate NY I would go to all the stamp shows at the convention centers in our surrounding areas and many times Rubbernecker Stamps would be at these shows. Never have seen their stamps in a store before but Daphne stocks them --- so happy me to find their stamps yesterday! So I asked Daphne if I could order product from her and she could mail it to me? She said she could -- so this will be great for me since I have no local store to shop at other than the big box stores that have the same old, same old products.... If you should be looking for something special or maybe don't have a local paper crafting store send her an email as I am sure she can help --

Her store, The Paper Muse, is in Matthews, NC and it is in a small plaza to the side of the movie theatre on Rice Road. Here is her address:

The Paper Muse
1905 Rice Road Ext, Unit 108
Matthews, NC  28105
PHONE:  704 443 7917

Website:   www.papercraftersmuse.com

She carries the dies and stamps by Ken Oliver and today Ken Oliver is at her store for classes -- sad me that I missed him but great for crafters that Daphne has people come for demonstrations and classes and such. She does scrapbooking, journaling, card making, etc. Paper crafts and all that involves. I have been there twice and both times have left inspired to the max --- well worth the drive for sure and DH has been instructed that any future swap meets ANYWHERE in that area I am to be notified in advance!! :0)

If you are in the area it makes for a great day trip -- her store is FULL of inspiration and products and she is very knowledgeable and helpful. Once you load up your great finds from her store a quick drive to Ikea to organize it all -- all makes for a great day!  :0)   TFL and YOLO

No comments: