Thursday, July 21, 2016

Grid Background Card


Used the Geometric Grid background stencil from MFTstamps.com for the background. Used white/GP card stock for the card front with distressed inks. The inks used are:



Used the brown craft mat for this technique. Cut my white/GP card stock a bit larger than I would need for the card front. Taped this to the craft mat using painter's tape. Laid the stencil over this and taped that down also with painter's tape:


Used the darker pink for the lower right corner and then went to the lighter pink. Used the darker yellow and went to the lighter yellow. I overlapped the dark yellow onto the light pink which took on a light orange colour. Once that was done I removed the stencil:


Cleaned the stencil with a baby wipe and paper towel and put all the inks away. For the card stock base I used #110 white card stock from Mike's and cut and scored that. Used the bone folder to sharpen the fold for the card top.

Used coral card stock from Close To My Heart and cut that to the size I needed for the card front. Then trimmed the stenciled card front to the size I need. Put that on the coral piece using the ATG. Then put these on the white card stock base.

Using a banner punch from Stampin Up I cut my banner piece to the size I wanted for the card front. I used the Handwritten die set from Little B for the "hello". "Thinking of you" is from the stamp set by Close To My Heart "Say It In Style". Stamped that onto scrap white card stock with black Memento ink. Punched that out with a circle punch. Used a scalloped circle punch for the coral piece under the greeting. Put the banner across the top of the greeting and trimmed off the top of the circles so they would not show above the "hello" banner piece. Put this on the card front using pop dots.

Added three clear sequins to the card front for some sparkle:


 Easy card to put together. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous background and love the colours-I was sent your way by Mary H
Carol x