Sunday, July 24, 2016

Happy Halloween Card


Just bought this Halloween card stock by Pebbles and I wanted to use it on the front of a card. For the card base I used black #110 weight card stock from Mikes. I cut it 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored it down the middle. Once scored I used a bone folder to crease the fold. Then I used the trimmer and trimmed off 1 1/2" from the right front of the card.

Cut an orange printed card stock for the inside of the card which you can see looking at the front of the card. I used the Happy Halloween stamp from Serendipity Stamps and stamped that using Memento black ink on the far right side of that piece. Using the Pebbles printed card stock I trimmed a piece to fit the left front flap of the card. Put the that on the card front using the ATG.

Stamped a greeting stamp for the inside of the card and stamped that on the inside orange piece. Using the ATG I put that in the card. I used a small scalloped edge die on the black print which I had cut about 1 1/4" wide for the left card front. Once that was cut out in the Cuttlebug I put it on the left card front using the ATG. Trimmed the top and bottom of this strip to fit the card base using the trimmer.

For the "31" on the Pebbles print I wanted to highlight that so I used a circle punch and punched that out on the orange card stock. Then over that punched hole I used a scalloped circle punch and that gave me the ring to go over the "31".  I used black glitter card stock and punched out the circle again and over that punched circle I punched a larger circle and that gave me the black glittered ring around the "31". Put those circle rings together using the glue pen and then put these around the "31" using mini glue dots. This photo show the sparkle on the black glittered card stock:


Inside this card I die cut two ghosts from white glittered card stock and put those by the greeting using glue dots:


This photo shows the card standing:


Easy card to put together. Good use of small pieces of the printed card stocks for the black printed front flap edge as well as the rings around the "31".  TFL and YOLO

No comments: