Sunday, July 10, 2016

Loots - - -


Yesterday was the stamp show at the convention center so my friend and I went to that. It was much smaller than the show last year and rather limited in products but it was what it was. . .  Did find some stamps:


Also stopped at the booth for Inky Antics and I picked up two of their "cage" dies:


Then we shopped a booth from a Close To My Heart demonstrator and her special was buy two stamp sets and get one for free:


One of the vendors at this show was new to us so we stopped at the booth of Pink & Main where I bought a die set and a clear stamp set:


The purchase of these two items qualified me for a free copy of their catalog so that was nice to have to look through later. Lots of dies, stamps, bling, etc at that booth. Will be watching their website for more products and shows. Their website is:  www.pinkandmain.com.

When we left for this stamp show we had our day planned -- since we do not have a local stamp store to shop at (other than the big box stores that sell the same ole, same ole product) I had suggested that we drive to Enchanted Cottage in Lewisville, NC as they were having a sale on their Memory Box dies -- buy one, get one free of equal or lesser value.  While we were waiting in the line before the show opened, we were talking to other card makers and one of the stampers was a regular customer of Enchanted Cottage. Small world indeed . . . .

With so fewer vendors we left the stamp show after two hours and drove to Enchanted Cottage. When we walked in one of the gals told us all their sales/specials and about the Bargain Room. Since we both wanted the Memory Box dies we shopped those first. Here is a photo of the Memory Box dies I picked up:


Then off to the Bargain Room -- where everything was 70% off:


I also bought a winter fence die by Elizabeth Craft. My friend also found quite a lot of things to add to her craft room -- when we left there we stopped in Greensboro to shop our favorite stores and followed that up with an early dinner at Mario's.  Good day for these two stampers.... she is my partner in crime and earlier this week she had sent me a copy of an email she had just received from DiesRUs.com. Dies R Us was having a 75% off sale on their Die-Namites dies. Here are the dies I ordered for this sale:


They arrived yesterday and I have them all put away with my new die storage -- used to store my dies in the ArtBins with magnetic sheets:


Now I store all the dies this way:



Having the dies stored this way is so much easier than using the bins and also takes up much less space in the craft room. This storage idea was seen on YouTube by "biblescraps".

Great shopping day yesterday for us -- the end of this week I am going back to see Daphne at The Paper Muse in Matthews, NC. She has such a great store and so worth the trip --- Great week for inspiration for sure!  TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Darlene said...

WOW that's quite a haul .. looks like you found some fun stuff! Let the crafting begin. Can't wait to see what you create with those dies! Have a great week!